Gadgeteer 0.3.4 Released – Oculus Rift & Rift S Support!
We now officially support the Oculus Rift / Rift S! We’ve also added the much requested smooth locomotion option (Rift only for now).
[0.3.4 – Release Notes]
- Added official support for the Oculus Rift & Rift S.
- Added new controller models for Oculus users to better represent the Touch controllers.
- Refined button mapping for Touch controllers.
- Added new locomotion method: Smooth Locomotion (Rift only feature, Vive version coming soon). Move around smoothly, change height, and rotate by holding the ‘grip’ button and moving the joysticks.
- Revised player input system with improved consistency of controller state and interactions.
- Improved visual feedback for controller button functionality and availability.
- Rewired relay cables for Dining Room Level 1 (Level 50) so they’re more visible.
- Rebaked higher quality lighting for the ‘Puzzle’ mode for all 3 different times of the day.
- Refined tutorial to better teach ‘Freeze’ mode.
- Updated settings system for upcoming additional settings support.
- Fixed tutorial for left handedness.
- Improved starting cube’s pusher physics for alternate refresh rates (fixes reported issues of dominoes not toppling over with Oculus Rift S & WMR 60Hz devices).
- Fixed tutorial not being completable for some players using WMR.
- Rebaked occlusion culling to prevent unwanted disappearances for props on the dining table.
- Fixed displaying the wrong material for the ‘Solid Square Track’ gadget.
- Restored fade effect during mode transitions.
- Fixed minor ‘Freeze’ mode inconsistencies during use.
- Oculus device users who have a gamepad / controller attached cannot interact with gadgets.
- Comfort mode options (comfort snapping) do not currently work for smooth locomotion method.
Note: Unfortunately with this update, previous left/right handedness assignment and locomotion vignette/rotation settings will be reverted to default settings. Sorry!
Virtual Reality Oasis released a popular video about Gadgeteer recently! It has over 23,000 views at the moment. Check it out: