Gadgeteer has been updated to version 1.0! Leaves early access
It’s finally here! Gadgeteer has left early access today and all builds of the game have been updated to version 1.0.
This update includes massive features that add infinite replayability to the game, including Online Sharing, Puzzle Designer, and 40+ more gadgets.
We’ve made a trailer video to celebrate the release:
Here’s what we’ve added:
Online Sharing + Puzzle Designer
You can now share your machines online and play machines made by others!
One of the most common requests we get for Gadgeteer is to add more puzzles. So, we’ve added an ‘Online Sharing’ feature that adds endless puzzles to solve and infinite machines to explore.
With the ‘Puzzle Designer’, players can now create their own obstacles and restrict what gadgets and how many of them can be used in their puzzle.
Inspired by common household objects used in real-life Rube Goldberg machines, we’re adding 40+ more gadgets called, ‘Household Gadgets’.
These new gadgets help give your machines more personality and flair with their unique shapes and physics.
In addition to the new features, we’ve made Gadgeteer available for cross-buy, allowing the game to be played on all supported Oculus devices with a single purchase.
We’ve also decided against a price increase during COVID-19 seeing individuals and families are already under stress. Gadgeteer is a relaxing game and we hope it’ll help people get through this global health / economic crisis with its simple charm.
This game started out as an idea 4 years ago. We wanted to make a game that was simple to learn but has a lot of depth and replayability, something still sorely missing in VR games today.
We’re extremely proud of what we’ve made and look forward to seeing your wonderful creations online!
Thank you for supporting our team and have fun with the new update!
[Gadgeteer – 1.0 – Release Notes]
- Added ‘Online Mode’ functionality, allowing players to play machines (+ puzzles) made by other users and share their own machines online
- Added Puzzle Designer, which allows users to design their own puzzles for other players to solve. Find it in Maker Mode!
- Added 40 new household gadgets, including the rubber duck, soap bar and bowling ball
- The Home Room now includes dioramas for all modes, each with their own interactable machine
- 15 new pre-made machines have been added to ‘Online Mode’. You can find them by filtering to Puzzle and looking for Metanaut_VR in the top right corner
- A new secret button has been added to the Home Room
- Added the ability to delete gadgets by placing them back in the library panel
- The library panel now opens to the last tab you were viewing, after being closed
- Fixed bug that was preventing players from using Oculus Quest + Link
- Missing ceiling beam has been added to the living room ceiling in ‘Maker Mode’
- Sandbox Mode has been renamed to Maker Mode, where players can build both Sandbox machines and Puzzle machines
- All premade machines (e.g., “Gadgeteer Grand Prix” and “Good Boy”) have been moved to ‘Online Mode’
- The tutorial has been redesigned to better teach the ‘Freeze’ mechanic
- Added highlighting to gadgets that have been moved or displaced manually by the player in ‘Puzzle Mode’. Machines in ‘Puzzle Mode’ must be triggered by the Start Cube to prevent cheating
- Additional tutorialization text for the new features
- Save & Share panel now indicates reasons that might prevent the machine from being published online
- Re-positioned first domino in Level 1 to ensure it always falls over once the Start Cube has been activated
- The Library Panel is now unlit to keep the panel visually consistent across all different lightings
- Standardized various Library Panel UI states